Saturday 24 April 2010

Man In Black

.

He used to be a pillar of society
But now he’s just famous for his notoriety

Less than nine million pounds a year
Results in a disgruntled grimace and lear

There’s a massive credit crunch
Yet he’s out on an all expenses paid lunch

He’s gambling our hard earned savings
On financial advisor ravings

He argues for his huge bonus
Yet when we’re in debt he refuses to phone us

All we get is an answer machine and inaction
And a computer charging for an unsuccessful transaction

Our society is based on credit and debt
Yet it’s never the man in black who frets

How can he lose twenty two billion
And still believe he’s one in a million

Off he goes to live on his considerable pension
After taxpayers are forced to provide financial intervention

Why are people who don’t toe the line
Not imprisoned for committing such heinous crimes

Bank managers used to be pillars of society
Now they’re just famous for their notoriety

1 comment:

  1. This poem sadly describes a situation that could apply to any of us in this day and age.

    I wrote this in June 2009. I have had troube with the banks myself building an overdraft of £2,000 in bank charges for basically going $43 over my agreed overdraft. Bank managers don't give a monkees and I'm having to go bankrupt. I was also in the manic phase of bi-polar mood disorder at the time so had little personal control over my expenditure. It would have been helpful if a professional would have been in place (such as a Social Worker) to act as appointee to help stop me getting into this situation. But unfortunately such support wasn't available locally at the time. I still can't stand the Halifax though!

    ReplyDelete