Wednesday 12 May 2010

Lost Time

I wonder where the hours go?
Where happy memories hide?
Everyday should uniquely glow
As the clock hands glide

As my death bell rings
I look back at opportunities wasted
I haven’t heard the birds sing
And I regret the things I haven’t tasted

Exponentially my overdraft increases
As personal items reduce in worth
I wish I’d paid more attention to life’s thesis
And given more value to my time on Earth

It’s not too late for me to change
To be happier with my inner self
For my mood to be rearranged
To be content with my Mental Health

Happiness makes me forget the passage of time
Ignore the wrinkles on my skin
Times will once again be sublime
When I’m reunited with my kin

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this on 9.5.09. I wrote this when I was starting to come out of the deep throws of depression having just spent 8 months in a depressed phase of my life and the last three days in bed. You may have noticed that there's a time gap in the poetry I've published on this site of 8 months. I cannot write poetry when I'm depressed. So there's quite a bit of self reflection going on in this poem. I think the poem is very poigniant. You can't be content until you are happy with yourself and love yourself. The last line could have 2 meanings. I want to see my childrenm again. I haven't seen them for 14 months. Does it mean I want to see themin real life or in death in Heaven. I hope you thought of this when reading this line. I can assure that it is in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very useful content, I am from California and recently I was visiting a health institute to California Erectile Dysfunction Treatment los angeles California, health institute los angeles California , health institute los angeles ca , Bodybuilder testosterone los Angeles which are provided Female Athletes, Male Athletes, Testosterone Therapy, Hair Loss, Weight Loss, Wellness Program and I am very satisfied.
    Overall thanks to your nice post.

    ReplyDelete