Wednesday 12 May 2010

Personal Victory

I sold my store today Oh Lord
A 1.5 billion financial reward
Of late my health has been flawed
But I’ll become honorary Chair of the Board

Twice a day my Palace I did roam
Making sure expensive items sparkled like chrome
I wanted to be buried in a glass dome
The top floor in a gold sarcophagus my final home

The recent death of my brother struck me with pain
The need to be with my grandchildren became plain
The death of a Princess and my son was treated with disdain
They haven’t awarded me with a British passport yet again

The well off bought my hampers for quality
Whilst poor tourists purchased a named carrier bag with glee
But now my fame and notoriety are behind me
And on Wednesday I hope my football team will seize Europa League victory

1 comment:

  1. I hoped you guessed it was about Harrods and Fulham. I wrote this on 10th May 2010 and is inspired by the sale of Harrods by Mohammed Al Fyedd (excuse spelling) to the Quatar Royal family. I do hope his foortball team Fulham win the Europa League. It's the first time spoken the word sarcophagus in my life - a bit difficult to do without your teeth in. The title Of my works are really about the subject you think they'd be. Al Fyedd actually started off in life selling cans of Coca Cola on a market stall in Alexandria. I initially tried 2 get 2 stanzas that rhymed with ord all the way through and two with ome but there just weren't enough approprite ome words.

    ReplyDelete