Saturday 15 May 2010

My Ultimate Nightmare

Maggie’s Conservative Government
Exposure to a nuclear bomb
Being pummelled by Max Bygraves
Losing my paper boy round
Failing my driving test for the tenth time
Being a Detective
Being a Birmingham City fan
Losing to Manchester United at Wembley

Not one of these tragedies is significant
Compared to my most vivid nightmare

They terrify me
Locked in a small room
Swathed in darkness
No opening windows
A fearful buzzing sound

Magnified by my fear
Such small things
So quick and deadly
I’m covered in strawberry jam
They crawl all over my skin

Where are my clothes?
The needle going in and out
Yellow and black stripes
Where have they been before
Covered in deadly germs

Nowhere to escape
A thick metal door
A panic room
With no key
No specified time limit
A challenge
No £100,000 prize for endurance
Just survival

I’m sweating profusely
I feel blindly for the newspaper
Fold it in half
At last a good use for The Sun

I swat at the walls constantly
Bad mistake
I’m bound to miss
I imagine the searing pain
Sure enough it’s extreme
Never ending

What a great method of torture
I must tell the CIA

It’s said that once one attacks
They all join in
Something to do with the smell of fear
The need to protect their leader

Can you imagine such a situation?
A locked room
Full of wasps
How would you cope?

2 comments:

  1. Written in early May 2009. This poem was inspired by a wasp getting to my room. I was scared of it and had to kill it and I kept running away from it. There's a comparison with running awy from life there isn't there. Another poem subject perhaps and one close to my heart. Lines 6 to 8 refer to a BBC Tv comedy programme called The Detectives. I'm also an Aston Villa fan so Birmingham are a nightmare to me. Refrence to the Panic Room ties in well with Mental Health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very useful content, I am from California and recently I was visiting a health institute to California Erectile Dysfunction Treatment los angeles California, health institute los angeles California , health institute los angeles ca , Bodybuilder testosterone los Angeles which are provided Female Athletes, Male Athletes, Testosterone Therapy, Hair Loss, Weight Loss, Wellness Program and I am very satisfied.
    Overall thanks to your nice post.

    ReplyDelete