Monday 10 May 2010

Reality Check

It wasn’t my fault
I didn’t kill
All the Ethiopians
They have no choice
It’s nothing
To do with me
God’s got his reasons
Reasons for everything

Bob Geldof is alright
He fed the world
He did everything he could

Governments do nothing
Except steal the world

What can we do?

Tell those in power
The bureaucracies
The dictators
The governments
Those democratically elected
By us
How to do it
What to do
When to do it

Get off our backsides
Forget about holidaying in Spain
Forget about self satisfaction
Forget about one-self
Start considering others
Let’s begin our journey
Start thinking, talking, moving
Let’s have lots and lots
Of A C T I O N
Let’s get real

1 comment:

  1. . A wrote this peom in July 2009. A friend made a humorous comment to me in conversation Saying "I didn't kill all the Ethiopians". I don't think we were talking about the subject. We could have been talking about something non sensical like ice-cream. Then I just developed the poem from this one line. The poem attacks society for everyone tryibf to get things they don't really need when so many in the world are suffering. I wrote it when I was locked up on an Intensive Care Unit for 3 months so I had a bit of empathy for the concept of suffering. Even so I am far luckier than so may people in the world.

    ReplyDelete